I promise I did everything in my power NOT to give into the “knee high gladiator” trend and well, I FAILED. Miserably! See here’s what happened….
I do 95% of all my shopping online. The other 5% happens when I am forced to physically step foot into a mall to either exchange or return something. Well, about a week ago I stepped foot inside of Macy’s Dadeland to exchange an item when there they were….. standing tall and mighty a top the always tempting Vince Camuto display.
You see, in a magazine or online, these knee high gladiators can be more easily overlooked. I mean they don’t LOOK very comfortable or versatile, do they? However, once you see them in person they are simply irresistible! I simply could not resist trying them on, and as I walked around Macy’s shoe department for a feel, I quickly realized these fierce, flat gladiators were the most comfortable straps of leather I’ve had on my feet, EVER! I could seriously walk the entire Roman Trail in these puppies (pun intended). *Note to self: Plan a trip to Rome pronto!
Well, you can all guess how this story ends… I purchased them! This time around I wore them with a belted, single shouldered dress to bring some fun and femininity to the mix! With their high level of comfort and intense ferocity, these sandals will surely be my “Weekend Gladiators” for the summer!
Happy Weekend, Gladiators! May your weekend’s be thrilling and prosperous!